Wow, I can’t believe November is already over! The month seemed to fly by (as they all seem to do) and soon I’ll be chatting with you all about my December TBR-like super soon since that’ll be my next post after this one haha. For now, let’s take a look at the books I read this month! This was a good reading month for me, I managed to get through 5 books this month! For some, this might be a weekly goal, but I can sometimes be an incredibly slow reader so this was a major accomplishment for me. I completely and TOTALLY deviated from my tbr for the month. As in, did not read A SINGLE BOOK that I’d planned. Ah well, at least I still read some books 😉
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken–> This was actually a reread for me; I originally read this book back in September 2014. I was super fuzzy on details so I decided to reread it with my friend Becca (Faerily Bookish) in October! I, being the slow reader I am, didn’t finish the book until the 2nd of November (needless to say, Becca finished well before me). I enjoyed the book even more the second time around!
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover–> I LOVED this book! Definitely my favourite read this month. I was already a Colleen Hoover fan, but this book solidified my love for her! You can check out my review of this gem here!
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon–> My oh my was this book adorable! Well-written with superbly developed characters and a heart-warming plot. Doesn’t get much better than this! I’ve also got a review of this one that you can check out here if you’d like!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han–> One of my friends described this one as her all-time favourite book. Now, I certainly can’t say I feel as strongly about this one as she does, but I can say that it was a cute read. I liked the story, but the characters could’ve used a bit more development and depth. I plan on writing up my full thoughts soon!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins–> *sigh* This book frustrated me so much. I wanted so much to like this book (SO MANY of my fellow bookstagrammers do) but Anna just didn’t sit well with me. I mean, who gets mad about being sent to school in PARIS?! It’s France, for Pete’s sake! Your life is not that terrible! Alright, I will save the rest of my ranting for my review. Coming soon!
Woohoo so proud of myself for making it through five books this month! In order to reach my Goodreads goal for the year, I need to read 8 books *squeals in fear*. I have NEVER read that many books in one month, but hopefully I can do it in December! I’m going to try to find a lot of quick reads-I usually get through contemporary YA the fastest. Wish me luck!
What books did you read this month? Have you read any of my November reads? I’d love to hear about it!
Later, bookworms ✌🏼️