Greetings my fellow bookworms! So 2016 was a year of new bookish experiences for me; I went to BookCon in May, started a bookstagram in June and a book blog in October. All things I’d wanted to do for AGES but never got around to it i.e. was too scared to take the plunge and get started. So, in the spirit of trying new things, I am going to try my hand at a few blog challenges in 2017! I didn’t even know anything about challenges until my lovely friend Becca (FaerilyBookish) told me about them and now I am READY (I think…) to join in on the fun! I’m going to do my best to keep track of my progress throughout the year.
CHALLENGE #1: Rock My TBR by The YA Traveller
- To read a minimum of 1 book per month that is currently published (no arcs with future dates). –> I have already started this task! The two books I’ve read so far this year were both already on my TBR!
- Find others! GET AT ME ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUDDY READ!
- Make a list! I plan on making a list of the books that are on my tbr and posting it here so that any interested folks can let me know what books they might want to buddy read with me!
- Use the hashtag #RockMyTBR for current discussion and to help you find other’s posts and even look for people to buddy read with you!
MONTHLY WRAP UP:
- At the end of the month, post updates on the blog about my progress! This is easy enough since I do monthly wrap-ups at the end of the month anyway.
CHALLENGE #2: New Releases Challenge by Unconventional Book Views
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
There are five levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
This challenge definitely sounds doable! With some of my favourite series releasing new instalments, I can easily get in on this challenge!
So, what challenges are taking part in? And, more importantly, WHO’S UP FOR A BUDDY READ WITH ME?! Let me know about your challenges and if you’d like to get in on a buddy read!