Hello my wonderful blogmates! I hope you are doing oh-so-well! It CANNOT believe that January is over and we’ve already moved into February! I managed to have quite a good reading month and got through 6 books (which is certainly a victory for me). I only managed to write reviews for 3 of the books I read this month, but fear not! I will be catching up on everything soon and you will all be able to read my
ramblings thoughts on the books I read last month! Also, you’ll be seeing the books I bought in January too (yay book hauls, boo wallet emptying 😂). Okay so without further ado, first behold my monthly wrap-up!
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2)- No shocker here, I enjoyed another Colleen Hoover book! She seems to be a staple read for me these days! This book was great and had an excellent playlist to accompany it. Definitely worth the read!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)- This book was surprisingly enjoyable! I was enteratined by the plot and most of the characters and it made me want to continue on to the next book in this Lunar Chronicles series.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)- Simon was hands-down my favourite book of the month! It was hilarious, insightful and heartwarming all rolled into one short but glorious novel.
- PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)- PS was the sequel to To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and I enjoyed this even more than its predecessor! It was absolutely adorable and I felt much more connected to the characters in this one than in the first book. Reading this has definitely got me pumped for the next book’s May release!
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (⭐️⭐️⭐️)- Scarlet was such a disappointment for me after reading Cinder. The title character was SO irritating I could barely stand to read the chapters she was present for. I’ll have a full review of my ~feelings~ on this book very soon!
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)- After HATING its predecessor Anna and the French Kiss when I read it last year, I went in with EXTREMELY low expectations for Lola. I certainly did not expect to like it as much as a did and come away from it with a new book beau by the name of Cricket Bell. That boy was all kinds of precious and adorable; I wish I could read a book that centred around him!
Now that we’ve covered the books I read this month, now it’s time to show off the ones I bought this month (much to my wallet’s dismay). There’s some overlap with my wrap-up, but I figured I’d still show off my purchases!
(in order from right to left)
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
And that was how my January turned out folks! How was your reading month? Did you buy any books you’re especially excited about reading? I’d love to hear about your month because as a professional bookworm, you can never have too many book 😉
That’s all for now, later peeps!